Friday, December 24, 2010

2010: 10 Albums

Drake - Thank Me Later
Finest Moment: "They always tell me nobody’s workin’ as hard as you/and even though I laugh it off, man, it’s probably true/'cause while my closest friends out there partying/I’m just here making all of the music that they party to..." -- "Light Up" (featuring Jay-Z)
Jump-offs: "Find Your Love", "Fancy", "Unforgettable", "Over"

Bag Raiders - Bag Raiders
Finest Moment: "Like light/Snow White/red fluorescence, iridescence now/are you beaming out?" -- "Sunlight"
Jump-offs: "Not Over", "Shooting Stars", "Way Back Home"
Robyn - Body Talk Pt.1
Finest Moment: "I'm just gonna dance all night/I'm all messed up, I'm so out of line/stilettos and broken bottles/I'm spinning around in circles..." -- "Dancing on My Own"
Jump-offs: "Dancehall Queen", "None of Dem"

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Finest Moment: "May the Lord forgive us/may the gods be with us/and that magic hour I seen good Christians make rash decisions/oh she do it, what happened to religion?/Oh she lose it..." -- "Devil in a New Dress"
Jump-offs: "Runaway", "See Me Now", "Monster", "So Appalled", "Power"

Chromeo - Business Casual
Finest Moment: "The way I was acting was just fine but then lately/you sort of noticed a shift./Everyday was Christmas time for you, lady,/and you got showered with gifts..." -- "Hot Mess"
Jump-offs: "Night by Night", "Don't Walk Away", "You Make it Rough"


Rick Ross - Teflon Don
Finest Moment: "My top back like J.F.K./They wanna push my top back like J.F.K./So, so I J.F.K./Join Forces with the kings and we ate all day./Right now I could rewrite history./I stopped writin so fuck it, I'll do it mentally" -- "Free Mason" (featuring Jay-Z & John Legend)
Jump-offs: "B.M.F.", "Aston Martin Music", "Super High"

Hot Chip - One Life Stand
Finest Moment: "And maybe if we'd never come this way/then we would live and prosper/but I doubt it./We are a violent race/and we deserve what we get./When you hold me, when you hold me/I feel better..." -- "I Feel Better"
Jump-offs: "One Life Stand", "We Have Love"

Sleigh Bells - Treats
Finest Moment: "So this is it then?/you're here to win friend/click click saddle up see you on the moon then/and all alone friend/pick up their phones then/ring ring call them up/tell them about the new trend" -- "Rill Rill"
Jump-offs: "Infinity Guitars", "Tell 'Em", "Crown on the Ground"
Reflection Eternal - Revolutions Per Minute
Finest Moment: "I get respected by the best MCs.../the recipe for my success is: one part pain and suffering/two parts brains and hustling/sprinkle it over Hi-Tek production/we bubbling like volcanic eruptions/you better buckle in/push the panic button/come get your momma to tuck you in/you know we did like no other did it..." -- "In This World"
Jump-offs: "Back Again", "Just Begun", "Midnight Hour"

Mark Ronson & The Business Intl. - Record Collection
Finest Moment: "You live a shitty life, we live a bon, bon vie/hotter than the book, while we watch the tv/think you got us fooled, ooh never again/first time, shame on me, second time, your time will en" -- "Bang Bang Bang" (featuring Q-Tip & MNDR)
Jump-offs: "Lose It (In The End)", "Record Collection", "The Bike Song", "Somebody to Love Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment