Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dat New New: The Bike Song

Put it this way: not in any way that this writer and bikes, of all makes and shapes, are positively-related.

As a kid, I envied all those bike-riding kids in our neighborhood. After a while, I finally did convince my parents to get one for me. Unfortunately, after passing all bicycle-infused training in an amazing span of just a single day, I lost the skill only a week after. That doesn't count the fact that I was accidentally hit by other bikes about 3-4 times during that span of time. Even now at my early twenties, I have yet to push the pedals once more. Funny, considering the fact that I can actually make a car move.

Much more thanks to Mark Ronson's new release, "The Bike Song", I also couldn't help but feel jealous of all fixie-riders and multi-sport athletes that I see in the streets everyday. Not only does these guys give their biceps and triceps a workout, as per the track's co-starrer Spank Rock, they also somewhat hold glorious memories of youth from that two-wheeled spinning machine.

Parents say we need to grow up, but being young and full of energy is definitely golden. And that's what this jam off the upcoming Record Collection is all about: holding on to our inner energetic youth . Listen and enjoy!



DOWNLOAD: Mark Ronson & The Business Intl. Ft. Kyle Falconer and Spank Rock - The Bike Song

No comments:

Post a Comment